Pamela Coyle Brecht
PAMELA Coyle BRECHT is a partner at Pietragallo Gordon Alfano Bosick & Raspanti, LLP. Ms. Brecht is based in the firm’s Philadelphia office and is an active member of the Qui Tam Practice Group. She also has significant experience in white collar criminal litigation, complex health care litigation and employment law.
She has been or is currently involved in litigating some of the most complex Qui Tam cases filed in the United States. Her cases have included alleged fraud by a large multi-state Medicaid managed care contractor, FCA violations by three of the largest hospital corporations in the country, and complex financial relationships among healthcare providers and Stark and Anti-Kickback issues, as well as pharmaceutical fraud. She is also part of the team that is advancing one of the first national cases alleging fraud in the Medicare Part D program.
Ms. Brecht is a 1988 graduate of Villanova University and a 1991 graduate of Temple University School of Law. While attending Temple University School of Law, Ms. Brecht served as a member of the Temple Law Review, was on the Dean’s List, and received honors for Distinguished Class Performance. LexisNexis® Martindale-Hubbell® recognizes Ms. Brecht as an AV® Preeminent™ rated attorney, the highest such rating available to any individual lawyer in both legal ability and ethical standards. Ms. Brecht is a member of the Philadelphia Bar Association, the American Health Lawyers Association, the Health Care Compliance Association, the Federal Bar Association Qui Tam Section, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and the Brehon Law Society.
Ms. Brecht frequently speaks, writes, and lectures on qui tam litigation and health care compliance issues. Some of her representative articles include: The Tar Heel State Steps Up Its Fight Against Fraud; The Tar Heel State Steps Up Its Fight Against Fraud – Part II; The Minnesota False Claims Act: Is It Minnesota Nice?; The Employment Protection and Anti-Discrimination Provisions of the New Jersey State False Claims Act; The ‘New’ New Jersey False Claims Act: It Was Born to Run.
Ms. Brecht has served as an adjunct professor of law at the Hamline School of Law, St. Paul MN, where she co-lectured on health care fraud and the False Claims Act. She is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- “Managed Care Fraud: Enforcement and Compliance,” HCCA’s 21st Annual Compliance Institute (National Harbor, MD), March 28, 2017
- “Dealing with States in Health Care Fraud Investigations,” PBI’s 23rd Annual Health Law Institute (Philadelphia, PA), March 7-8, 2017
- “Medicare Part C & D Compliance,” Health Care Compliance Association’s Regional Conference (San Francisco, CA), December 2, 2016
- “Relator’s Counsel” 3rd Annual Qui Tam Conference (Los Angeles, CA), November 4, 2016
- “Medicare Part D Fraud” 3rd Annual Qui Tam Conference (Los Angeles, CA), November 3, 2016
- “Medicare Part C Fraud” 3rd Annual Qui Tam Conference (Los Angeles, CA), November 3, 2016
- “Health Law and the False Claims Act,” Federal Litigation and Qui Tam Conference (Washington D.C.), October 18, 2016
- “Private Causes of Action Accompanying FCA Qui Tam Cases,” False Claims Act/Qui Tam Whistleblowers Litigation Involving Health Care Providers CLE (Columbia, SC), May 6, 2016
- “Managed Care Fraud: Enforcement and Compliance,” Healthcare Compliance Association’s 20th Annual Compliance Institute (Las Vegas, NV) April 19, 2016
- “Best Practices to Facilitate Global Settlements,” 3rd Annual Advanced Forum on False Claims Qui Tam Enforcement (New York, NY), January 21-22, 2016
- “Hot Topics Forecast,” ABA Section of Litigation Healthcare Los Angeles Regional Conference (Los Angeles, CA), November 3, 2015
- “Top 10 Recent Legal Developments Impacting Community Pharmacy Practice,” National Community Pharmacists Association’s 117th Annual Convention and Trade Exposition (Washington D.C.), October 13, 2015
- “Qui Tam Litigation, A Practitioner’s Symposium: The Investigation of Potential Claims and the Filing of a Qui Tam Complaint,” American Bar Association’s Criminal Justice Section and the White Collar Crime Southeast Region Subcommittee (Charlotte, NC), September 25, 2015
- “Medicare Part D Fraud: False Medicare Claims Involving Prescription Drug Coverage,” 3rd Annual Qui Tam Conference (San Francisco, CA), September 17-18, 2015
- “The False Claims Act,” PBI’s Understanding the Basics of Fraud and Abuse in the Healthcare Industry (Philadelphia, PA), July 22, 2015
- 25th Annual National Institute on Health Care Fraud, American Bar Association (Miami, FL), May 13-15, 2015
- “Whistleblower Litigation,” Annual Bench-Bar Conference, Philadelphia Bar Association (Philadelphia, PA), October 17-18, 2014
- “Qui Tam Litigation,” New Jersey Association For Justice Educational Foundation, Inc.’s Boardwalk Seminar 2014 (Atlantic City, NJ), May 2, 2014
- “Liability and Damages in Non-Traditional FCA Cases,” Taxpayers Against Fraud Education Fund 13th Annual Conference (Washington, DC) October 23, 2013
- “Using The False Claims Act To Change Corporate Conduct,” National Employment Lawyers Association’s Fall 2013 Seminar: Shining The Light On Whistleblower & Retaliation Claims (Washington, DC), October 19, 2013
- “What Should You Know About the Medicare Part D Program But Were Afraid to Ask,” PBI’s 19th Annual Health Law Institute (Philadelphia, PA), March 12-13, 2013
- “North Carolina False Claims Act (WEBCAST),” North Carolina Bar Association CLE Program (Charlotte, NC), November 27, 2012
- “Why Are the State False Claims Acts of Importance to Health Care Practitioners?” PBI’s 18th Annual Health Law Institute (Philadelphia, PA), March 14, 2012
- “Industry Spotlight: Drugs, Devices, and the False Claims Act,” Adjunct Professor of Law, Hamline University School of Law (St. Paul, MN), June 16-20, 2010
- “NJ False Claims Act,” Seminar for NJ Judiciary (Hackensack, NJ), July 15, 2009
- “NJ False Claims Act,” Seminar for NJ Judiciary (Sommerville, NJ), June 23, 2009
How You Can
Make a Difference
To take the first courageous step, talk to our attorneys privately.Contact Us
The lawyers in the national qui tam whistleblower practice of Pietragallo Gordon Alfano Bosick & Raspanti have proven, battle tested experience fighting for whistleblowers in federal and state false claims cases. The whistleblower practice group includes five former federal and state prosecutors who have:
- Recovered over $2 billion for federal and state taxpayers
- More than 30 years combined experience representing whistleblowers
- Fought some of the most complex cases brought under federal and state false claims acts
- Litigated against some of the largest companies in the United States
- Represented whistleblowers in federal and state courts across the United States
Some of our current whistleblower cases include:
Some of our successful whistleblower cases include:
Supreme Foodservice AG
St. Barnabas Health
Medco Health Solutions
Community Health Systems, Inc.
Health Diagnostics Laboratory, Inc.
Fresenius Medical Care
Doshi Diagnostic Imaging Services
Cooper Health System
University of Pennsylvania
The Boeing Company
Christiana Care Health System