News & Events
Below is a list of just some of the many publications and presentations made by the lawyers in our national qui tam whistleblower practice group on the subject of federal and state False Claims Acts.
"Search & Seizure Commentary"
The Champion, June 2017
"A Practitioner’s Primer on History and Use of the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute"
AHLA Connections, March 2017
"A New Era of Laboratory Fraud, Part 2: The Return of Laboratory Fraud"
HCCA Compliance Today, October 2016
"A New Era of Laboratory Fraud, Part 1: Operation LabScam Redux"
HCCA Compliance Today, September 2016
"The SEC’s New Admissions Policy Means Sometimes Having to Say You’re Sorry"
The Champion, September/October 2015
"Who Is Enforcing the Stark Law of the United States?"
AHLA Connections, September 2012
"The Tar Heel State Steps Up Its Fight Against Fraud – Part II"
The Legal Intelligencer, June 27, 2012
"The Tar Heel State Steps Up Its Fight Against Fraud – Part I"
The Legal Intelligencer, June 26, 2012
"What’s Next for the Year-Old SEC Whistleblower Program?"
The Legal Intelligencer (4 part series), November 1, 2011
"FCA 101: A Practitioner’s Guide to the False Claims Act"
ABA Criminal Justice Magazine, Fall 2011
- Publications Archive
"What will the Future Bring? New Theories, New Claims, New Cases"
American Conference Institute's 5th Advanced Forum on False Claims and Qui Tam Litigation
- New York, NY - January 29-30, 2018
"Your Company has been Served with a Civil Investigation Demand: Now What?"
Healthcare Enforcement Compliance Institute's 3rd Annual Conference
- Washington, DC - October 31, 2017
"Medical Necessity and The False Claims Act"
Fraud and Compliance Forum
- Baltimore, MD - October 4-6, 2017
"Current Trends in False Claims Act/Qui Tam Whistleblower Litigation"
South Carolina Bar CLE Division, South Carolina Federal Bar Association Qui Tam Section, and the Charleston School of Law
- Charleston, SC - May 12, 2017
"False Claims Act Developments"
Healthcare Compliance Association's 21st Annual Compliance Institute
- National Harbor, MD - March 26, 2017
"Medicare Part D Fraud"
3rd Annual Qui Tam Conference
- Los Angeles, CA - November 3, 2016
"Best Practices for Dealing with the States in False Claims Act Investigations, Litigation, and Settlements"
Healthcare Enforcement Compliance Institute
- Washington, DC - October 23-26, 2016
"Health Law and the False Claims Act"
Federal Bar Association's 2016 Federal Litigation and Qui Tam Conference
- Washington, DC - October 18, 2016
Annual Taxpayers Against Fraud Education Fund Conference
- Washington, DC - September 14, 2016
"Private Causes of Action Accompanying FCA Qui Tam Cases"
False Claims Act/Qui Tam Whistleblowers Litigation Involving Health Care Providers CLE
- Columbia, SC - May 6, 2016
- Presentations Archive
How You Can
Make a Difference
To take the first courageous step, talk to our attorneys privately.Contact Us
The lawyers in the national qui tam whistleblower practice of Pietragallo Gordon Alfano Bosick & Raspanti have proven, battle tested experience fighting for whistleblowers in federal and state false claims cases. The whistleblower practice group includes five former federal and state prosecutors who have:
- Recovered over $2 billion for federal and state taxpayers
- More than 30 years combined experience representing whistleblowers
- Fought some of the most complex cases brought under federal and state false claims acts
- Litigated against some of the largest companies in the United States
- Represented whistleblowers in federal and state courts across the United States
Some of our current whistleblower cases include:
- US ex rel Miller & Metts v. HMA, et. al.
- US, et al, ex rel. Mason, Folstad, and MEMA v. HMA and EmCare
- United States ex rel. Amy Bergman v. Abbott Laboratories
- HDL, BlueWave, and related individuals
- Health Management Associates (HMA)
Some of our successful whistleblower cases include:
Supreme Foodservice AG
St. Barnabas Health
Medco Health Solutions
Community Health Systems, Inc.
Health Diagnostics Laboratory, Inc.
Fresenius Medical Care
Doshi Diagnostic Imaging Services
Cooper Health System
University of Pennsylvania
The Boeing Company
Christiana Care Health System