- US ex rel. Amy Bergman v. Abbott Laboratories – EDPA
- US, et al, ex rel. Mason, Folstad, and MEMA v. HMA and EmCare
- US ex rel Miller & Metts v. HMA, et. al.
Experienced Whistleblower and Qui Tam Attorneys
Federal and State False Claims Acts have been the most successful weapon in combating fraud against taxpayers. Since 1986, more than $59 billion has been recovered by federal and state governments across the United States as a result of false claims lawsuits.
Federal and State False Claims Acts prohibit any individual or business from submitting, or causing someone else to submit, to the government a false or fraudulent claim for payment. These false claims acts apply to all types of goods, services and government contracting, and have been particularly effective in combating:
- Health Care (Medicare and Medicaid) Fraud
- Hospital and Emergency Room Fraud
- Pharmaceutical Fraud
- Medicare Part D Fraud
- Defense Contracting Fraud
- Energy (Oil and Gas) Contracting Fraud
- Construction and Procurement Fraud
- Research Fraud
- Financial Industry Fraud
Federal and State False Claims Acts have been so effective in fighting fraud because they encourage ordinary citizen whistleblowers to come forward and file a lawsuit in the name of all taxpayers. These lawsuits, known as qui tam lawsuits, bring to light fraud on the government that would likely have gone undetected without the hard work and courage of whistleblowers.
Pietragallo Gordon Alfano Bosick & Raspanti, LLP has one of the most successful, skilled and respected practices in the United States representing qui tam whistleblowers under federal and state false claims acts. For more than 30 years our attorneys have fought on behalf of qui tam whistleblowers across the United States, in many of the most complex and sophisticated cases in the history of the federal False Claims Act. Our attorneys have served as lead counsel for whistleblowers that have resulted in nearly $2 billion in recoveries for Federal and State taxpayers.Find out More
Interviews and Media
From Our Whistleblower Blog
- Supreme Court Delivers Important Victory for Qui Tam Whistleblowers
- European Union-Wide Whistleblower Protection: A Growing Trend?
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania Court Joins the Ninth and Tenth Circuits in Applying the Rational Basis Test to Governmental Dismissals of Qui Tam Cases
- Ontario’s First Whistleblower Award of $7.5 Million
- The Irish Paradox: A Tale of Two Whistleblower Laws