Alexander M. Owens
Alexander M. Owens is an associate in the Philadelphia Office of Pietragallo Gordon Alfano Bosick & Raspanti, LLP. He is a member of the Qui Tam and Commercial Litigation Practice Groups.
Mr. Owens received his B.A., magna cum laude, from Boston University where he majored in International Relations. He earned his J.D., magna cum laude, from Temple University Beasley School of Law, graduating in the top 5% of his class. At Temple, he was an Executive Articles and Symposium Editor on the Temple Political & Civil Rights Law Review, a member of the Order of the Coif, and recipient of the Beasley Scholarship and Class of 1976 Scholarship. He received recognition for writing the best brief in his Legal Research & Writing class and for distinguished class participation in Employment Law, Trial Advocacy II, and Taxation. His law review article, Protecting Free Speech in the Digital Age: Does the FCC’s Net Neutrality Order Violate the First Amendment?, 23 Temp. Pol. & Civ. Rights L. Rev. 2009 (2013), was published in the fall of 2013.
Following graduation from Temple Law, Mr. Owens served as a law clerk to the Honorable David R. Strawbridge of the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Since joining the firm, Mr. Owens has represented whistleblowers in qui tam suits, plaintiffs and defendants in class actions, and individuals, businesses, and government entities in employment and commercial disputes.
Mr. Owens is admitted to practice in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
How You Can
Make a Difference
To take the first courageous step, talk to our attorneys privately.Contact Us
The lawyers in the national qui tam whistleblower practice of Pietragallo Gordon Alfano Bosick & Raspanti have proven, battle tested experience fighting for whistleblowers in federal and state false claims cases. The whistleblower practice group includes five former federal and state prosecutors who have:
- Recovered over $2 billion for federal and state taxpayers
- More than 30 years combined experience representing whistleblowers
- Fought some of the most complex cases brought under federal and state false claims acts
- Litigated against some of the largest companies in the United States
- Represented whistleblowers in federal and state courts across the United States
Some of our current whistleblower cases include:
- United States ex rel. Amy Bergman v. Abbott Laboratories – EDPA
- US ex rel Miller & Metts v. HMA, et. al.
- US, et al, ex rel. Mason, Folstad, and MEMA v. HMA and EmCare
- HDL, BlueWave, and related individuals
- Health Management Associates (HMA)
Some of our successful whistleblower cases include:
Supreme Foodservice AG
St. Barnabas Health
Medco Health Solutions
Community Health Systems, Inc.
MEMA v. HMA
Health Diagnostics Laboratory, Inc.
Bergman v. Abbott Lab
Fresenius Medical Care
Doshi Diagnostic Imaging Services
Cooper Health System
University of Pennsylvania
The Boeing Company
Christiana Care Health System