Ashley Kenny is a senior associate at Pietragallo Gordon Alfano Bosick & Raspanti, LLP. She is a member of our nationwide Qui Tam/False Claims Act Group and Government Enforcement, Compliance, and White Collar Litigation Group.
In her qui tam practice, Ms. Kenny is heavily involved in all aspects of whistleblower representation from the initial investigation to litigation. She also represents defendants in civil enforcement actions brought by government agencies. Ms. Kenny works on matters related to Stark Law.
Ms. Kenny has been involved in the recovery of over $189 million for state and federal taxpayers and has litigated numerous high profile Qui Tam cases including:
- United States ex rel. Mason, Folstad, and MEMA v. HMA, et. al. resulting in a $74.5 million recovery
- United States ex rel. Cho v. Surgery Partners Inc., et al. resulting in a $41 million recovery
- United States ex rel. Mason, Folstad, and MEMA v. EMCARE, et. al. resulting in a $30 million recovery
- United States ex rel. Baker v. Physician Partners of Am LLC resulting in a $24.5 million recovery
- United States ex rel. Lutz et al. v. Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings resulting in a $19 million recovery
In addition to her qui tam work, Ms. Kenny has also represented clients in complex Civil Litigation matters ranging from business contract disputes to employment discrimination claims. She has been involved in several employment and Title IX internal investigations.
Ms. Kenny has been recognized as a Pennsylvania Rising Star in Health Care Litigation by Super Lawyers.
Ms. Kenny is actively involved in pro bono matters. She has represented clients in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania through the Attorney Panel for Pro Se Plaintiffs in Employment Case and the Criminal Justice Panel. This builds upon Ms. Kenny’s extensive pro bono and volunteer work at the SeniorLaw Center, Philadelphia Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, and the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office while in law school. In honor of that work, Ms. Kenny received an award for Pro Bono Service. In continuation of her commitment to community service, Ms. Kenny is actively involved in several Philadelphia-based animal rescue organizations.
Ms. Kenny earned her J.D. with an Intellectual Property concentration with honors from Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law as a merit-based scholarship recipient. Prior to law school, she attended Binghamton University where she earned her B.A. in English and History, with a minor in Classical Civilizations.