Common Types of Fraud
The Federal False Claims Act has the broad potential to reach any false or fraudulent claim for payment made, either directly or indirectly, to the United States government. Likewise, many of the growing number of state false claims acts apply to any claim for payment made, directly or indirectly, to the state government.
By casting such a wide net, these false claims statutes have proven uniquely effective in combating many different forms of fraud against the federal and state governments. Some of the most common types of fraud that have been exposed and prosecuted using false claims acts are:
- Health Care Fraud
- Hospital and Emergency Room Fraud
- Pharmaceutical Fraud
- Medicare Part D Fraud
- Defense Contractor Fraud
- Energy Fraud
- Construction and Procurement Fraud
- Research Fraud
- Financial Industry Fraud
To learn more about each of these common types of fraud, please click on the links above.
How You Can
Make a Difference
To take the first courageous step, talk to our attorneys privately.Contact Us
The lawyers in the national qui tam whistleblower practice of Pietragallo Gordon Alfano Bosick & Raspanti have proven, battle tested experience fighting for whistleblowers in federal and state false claims cases. The False Claims Act Practice Group, which includes four former federal and state prosecutors and two certified fraud examiners, has:
- Recovered nearly $2 billion for federal and state taxpayers
- More than 30 years combined experience representing whistleblowers
- Fought some of the most complex cases brought under federal and state false claims acts
- Litigated against some of the largest companies in the United States
- Handled cases in federal and state courts across the United States
Some of our current whistleblower cases include:
- US ex rel Miller & Metts v. HMA, et. al.
- US, et al, ex rel. Mason, Folstad, and MEMA v. HMA and EmCare
- HDL, BlueWave, and related individuals
- Health Management Associates (HMA)
Some of our successful whistleblower cases include:
Supreme Foodservice AG
St. Barnabas Health
Medco Health Solutions
Health Management Associates
Community Health Systems, Inc.
MEMA v. HMA
Health Diagnostics Laboratory, Inc.
Fresenius Medical Care
Doshi Diagnostic Imaging Services
Cooper Health System
University of Pennsylvania
The Boeing Company
Christiana Care Health System