State False Claims Act
- District of Columbia
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Puerto Rico
- Rhode Island
Most of the state false claims acts are modeled after the federal False Claims Act, and provide that qui tam whistleblowers can bring claims on behalf of the state. There are, however, important differences between these state false claims acts, and potential whistleblowers must pay careful attention to the specific requirements of each statute. In addition, many times fraudulent schemes can impact the federal government and multiple state governments. Our attorneys have substantial experience successfully coordinating and litigating false claims cases that impact the federal and multiple state governments.
The number of state false claims acts is likely to continue to grow. In 2005, the Congress passed financial incentives for states to pass false claims acts that are modeled after the federal False Claims Act. These financial incentives have caused a flurry of activity in state legislatures across the United States, and have been a primary reason behind the passage of several new state false claims acts.
In addition to the 33 state false claims acts listed above, 7 municipalities currently have their own false claims acts. View them here.
How You Can
Make a Difference
To take the first courageous step, talk to our attorneys privately.Contact Us
The lawyers in the national qui tam whistleblower practice of Pietragallo Gordon Alfano Bosick & Raspanti have proven, battle tested experience fighting for whistleblowers in federal and state false claims cases. The whistleblower practice group includes five former federal and state prosecutors who have:
- Recovered over $2 billion for federal and state taxpayers
- More than 30 years combined experience representing whistleblowers
- Fought some of the most complex cases brought under federal and state false claims acts
- Litigated against some of the largest companies in the United States
- Represented whistleblowers in federal and state courts across the United States
Some of our current whistleblower cases include:
- United States ex rel. Amy Bergman v. Abbott Laboratories – EDPA
- US ex rel Miller & Metts v. HMA, et. al.
- US, et al, ex rel. Mason, Folstad, and MEMA v. HMA and EmCare
- HDL, BlueWave, and related individuals
- Health Management Associates (HMA)
Some of our successful whistleblower cases include:
Supreme Foodservice AG
St. Barnabas Health
Medco Health Solutions
Community Health Systems, Inc.
MEMA v. HMA
Health Diagnostics Laboratory, Inc.
Bergman v. Abbott Lab
Fresenius Medical Care
Doshi Diagnostic Imaging Services
Cooper Health System
University of Pennsylvania
The Boeing Company
Christiana Care Health System